Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
- He is currently the President-elect of International Society for Human and Animal Mycology (ISHAM), had been the President of Society for Indian Human and Animal Mycologists (SIHAM), President of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists. He is coordinator of the ISHAM working group on ‘Fungal sinusitis’ and ‘ABPA in asthmatics’, and member of two more ISHAM working groups.
- He is Editor/Associate Editor/Deputy Editor of five journals – Medical Mycology, Journal of Medical Microbiology, Mycoses, Current Fungal Infection Report and Medical Mycology Case Report
- He has consistently helped in the development of the discipline of Medical Mycology and laboratories in India. His laboratory is now recognized as ‘Center of Advanced Research in Medical Mycology’ in India, ‘WHO Collaborating Center for Reference and Research on Fungi of Medical Importance’. He is the curator of ‘National Culture Collection of Pathogenic Fungi’.
- He is also working as the chair of Asian Fungal Working Group under ISHAM. In this process he is able to develop the discipline Medical Mycology, not only in India, but also in other Asian countries under the guidance of ISHAM.
- He has published 270 papers in the field of Medical Mycology and delivered lectures in >250 medical conferences and societies. He wrote chapters in 14 books. He edited the book ‘Fungal Infections in Asia-The Eastern Frontier of Mycology’. His major contribution is in the field of epidemiology of fungal sinusitis, sporotrichosis, mucormycosis, and hospital acquired fungal infections.
- He received multiple awards from National Societies, Academies of India, and was awarded the Fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences (FAMS), Fellow of The National Academy of Sciences, India (FNASc) and Fellow Infectious Disease Society of America (FIDSA).