Nominations for the Journal of Fungi 2021 Young Investigator Awards
We are pleased to announce that we are now inviting nominations for the Journal of Fungi 2021 Young Investigator Awards. This prize will be given to three young investigators in recognition of her/his excellence in the field of pathogenic fungi, fungal biology, and all other aspects of fungal research. All nominations will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee led by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. David S. Perlin.
– One 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs) for Primary Awardee; Two 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs) for Runner-up Awardees;
– The option to publish one paper free of charge in the Journal of Fungi after peer review, before the end of 2022;
– An engraved plaque.
Eligibility and Requirements:
– Nominees must be below 40 years of age and must have received their PhD no more than 10 years prior to 31 December 2019;
– They must have produced ground-breaking research and a significant contribution to the advancement of pathogenic fungi, fungal biology, and all other aspects of fungal research;
– Candidates must be nominated by senior scientists.
List of Documents for Nomination:
– A detailed Curriculum Vitae including an updated publication list and a list of the researcher’s own research grants;
– A birth certificate or other proof of age;
– A scanned copy of their doctorate certificate;
– A signed nomination letters from two established senior scientists.
– Open for nominations: 1st March 2021.
– Nomination deadline: 31st October 2021.
– Winner announced: 31st December 2021.
How to submit nominations?
– The nominations must be submitted online.
More information can be found here: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/jof/awards.
for the PDF flyer: 2021-09-02_Journal of Fungi_2021 Young Investigator Award_Flyer_Print